Bright Smile Dental Care Observes National Headache Awareness Week
This week is National Headache Awareness Week. If you are one of the millions of Americans suffering from debilitating chronic migraine headaches, then you understand why it is important to raise awareness for this issue. The World Health Organization ranks migraines as the 19th leading cause of disability worldwide. Yet surprisingly, the condition is still grossly underdiagnosed and mistreated.
Dr. Michael Negru has witnessed firsthand the devastation caused by migraine headaches, and he is committed to helping his Beaverton area patients find the relief they need. If you suffer from chronic migraines, Dr. Negru can diagnose and treat your condition. In many instances, he can recommend a series of TMJ treatments to restore proper jaw alignment and alleviate your condition.
In addition to seeking treatment for your headaches, you may benefit from the following tips by the National Headache Foundation:
- Maintain a healthy diet consisting of meals at regular intervals, and avoid foods that may trigger a headache
- Keep a regular sleep schedule, even on weekends and when you are on vacation
- Take the necessary steps to reduce stress in your life
- Keep a headache diary that records each migraine you suffer, what triggered it, and the medication you took to help with the pain
- Seek treatment from your dentist or physician
- Learn about the latest and most advanced headache treatments
- Take an active role in your treatment plan
If you suffer from chronic migraine headaches, please contact Bright Smile Dental Care today to schedule an appointment. Dr. Negru serves patients in the Beaverton, Oregon area.