Dental crowns are tooth-shaped coverings (similar to a “cap”) that get placed on top of your tooth to restore proper function, improve aesthetics, and prevent additional damage in the future. Due to the versatility of dental crowns, this restoration can be used as a stand-alone procedure to address a wide range of functional issues or as part of a smile makeover to improve cosmetic imperfections.
The best way to find out whether dental crowns are the right restoration to address your oral health needs is to speak with Dr. Michael Negru in person. Please call or book an appointment online today to schedule at our Beaverton general dentistry office.
A VERSATILE RESTORATION
Dr. Negru may recommend dental crowns to address a variety of dental issues, including:
- To replace a large dental filling when there is minimal natural tooth structure remaining
- To protect a weak or damaged tooth from fracture
- To restore a severely worn or fractured tooth
- To hold parts of a cracked tooth together
- To cover a misshapen or discolored tooth
- To support a dental bridge
- To function as a prosthetic tooth for a dental implant restoration
- To cover a tooth after a root canal procedure
ONE-HOUR CROWNS WITH CEREC
Dr. Negru uses the finest materials and most advanced technology in the creation of your dental crown to ensure the exceptional results you deserve. He uses all-porcelain crowns which deliver beautiful aesthetics that blend in seamlessly with your smile. He also uses state-of-the-art CEREC technology to create a customized dental crown restoration in one office visit.
CEREC technology allows Dr. Negru to create your dental crown in-house. Since your restoration does not need to be built by a lab, you can receive your new dental crown in less than one hour.
There are many benefits to using CEREC technology for the creation of your dental crown:
- CEREC crowns are three times stronger than porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns
- Your crown can be customized to achieve a shape, size, and color that will match your adjacent teeth and deliver natural looking results
- Your same-day restoration eliminates the need for temporaries
- You can experience the benefits of your fully functional restoration right away instead of waiting several weeks for the lab to create your new crown